"Het is niet omdat het moeilijk is dat we niet durven, het is omdat we niet durven dat het moeilijk is"

15 februari 2012

Uruguay

From Buenos Aires it is only 1 hour by buquebus to Colonia, Uruguay. As my friend Stefanie was staying in Montevideo, I took this boat to the capital of this unknown country. Travelling by buquebus is a relax way of moving compared with buses, on the boat you can walk around and go to the baƱo without accidents. ;) I only regret I received fake Argentine pesos on that boat!
I arrived later than planned, so I walked away from the terminal and hopped into a taxi. One tip: if a lot of people are waiting at the official taxi stop, you just leave the area and go on the street...taxi's are everywhere!!!
I sat in the back of the car, but the taxi driver in Montevideo wanted to help me exercise Spanish. So I had to come and sit at the front seat...first I doubted, but now I know people in Uruguay are friendly and helpfull.

Stefanie & Nele were waiting for me to go for a party organised by some local friends of Stefanie. It was located outside the city in a green area. We ate choripan, tried Fernet and drank a lot of Patricia (local beer). Some locals entertained us with typical music on drums, called Candombe.At the end all of us were dancing...and that is what we did all night, dance on Latin vibes...estuvo una noche caliente!

The moning after the party we took off to Punta Del Este, Benidorm of Uruguay. People in Uruguay almost earn the same as normal saleries in Belgium, but the one having a beach house in Punta are rich!
The hostel El Viajero (website Hostelling International) had a beach atmosphere thanks to the funny paintings on the walls, the pool and the beach bar. The Dulce de Leche I ate in this place was the best up till now, and in a restaurant I even tasted pancake with Dulce de Leche...mmmmm :)))

One day we rented a car and took off to Capo Polonio. This is a beach town, isolated from the civilisation, you have to get on a truck that fights its way through the dunes to end up at the beach. The first thing I saw where small houses as in movies about people ending up on a deserted island. The town is known for two things: hippies and seals. I advise people who might visit this place to stay there at least one night. I regret I could not...it was mine kind of place ;)

The last evening Stefi, Nele and I spend on the beach, hoping to see the sunset and we did, although it was a bit cloudy. The evenring was perfect, the see with a big wave just in front of us, the sun turning the sky into fuchia, bread, cheese, local wine and good company. We ended up taking funny pictures under the stars.

Soon we will have to say goodbye...In Buenos Aires Sam will arrive and I will have to say goodbye to Leila, my Argentine friend and Lucas, my biggest fan at the hostel. It is amasing how many people I already met and said goodbye...but the ones I really mis are reading this at home. x

Geen opmerkingen: