"Het is niet omdat het moeilijk is dat we niet durven, het is omdat we niet durven dat het moeilijk is"

25 januari 2012

Goodbye BA

As music and dancing is a part of the Latino Culture, I went out to dance Salsa. The first time I went to Azucar, the dance club, a lot of other students were there trying to move on the sweet music. It was fun, I definitly want to learn Salsa! The place was so hot, everyone was sweating! Une noche calor y caliente!!! haha After the first class my friends from school and I were drinking a beer, when a good looking man asked Katarine and me to dance with the first class of Bachata, because there were more men than women. In Belgium with Lindy Hop it is the opposite!! So we joint the class and if you look at the clip of La Lambada, you will see it is a sensual way of dancing ;)

After two weeks of Spanish class, I made an exam and the result was pretty good: 79% !
I still feel like an idiot speaking Spanish, but I practice a lot at school and at the hostel. :) Last weekend in San Telmo, I finally understood people talking to me!

I went to a Tango Show with live music and it was fabulous! The level of the tango dansers was higher than I saw in the streets of San Telmo and la Boca. The setup of the concert hall was also very enjoyable: tables per 4 people. There was a possibility to eat and as a guest I received a drink which was included in the ticket. I went to Tango PorteƱo at Cerrito.

I am doing a lot of things with so many different people, I am having a good time and I must say that I almost regret this is my last week in this city. This city is so easy to love, I never have to check the time as buses are driving around all the time, the supermarket is open every dag untill late in the evening and there is always somewhere a market or a party going on.

Another two days to go in Buenos Aires. I am so looking forward to leave this hot and busy city, I need some rest and silence. On Friday, I am leaving for Uruguay. It is a trip of 3 hours by boat to Montevideo. I will enjoy the beach with two Flemish chicas, Stefanie and Nele.

3 opmerkingen:

famke zei

we hebben je gezegd da je ervan ging houden he van BA :o)
have fun in Uruguay
xxx

Anoniem zei

Gebruik je ogen voor ons!!!

walter zei

let's have a party!!!!!Veel groetjes en t beste!!